The South Dakota Historical Society Foundation operates the Heritage Store at both the Cultural Heritage Center and at the Capitol. The stores offer a variety of attractive, high-quality items made in South Dakota as well as items that reflect South Dakota’s rich history and values, including:
- South Dakota art featuring Jon Crane, Angela Marie Poches, Kathy Sigle and Judy Thompson
- South Dakota books featuring the state’s history, people, and places
- Badger Clark books, mugs and dvd’s
- South Dakota made gifts including pottery mugs, vases, and decorative pieces from Sioux Pottery, Turning Leaf Designs, and Chickie’s Gourd Art.
- Unique pottery by Clay in Motion Pottery Studio and Dock 6.
- South Dakota made gifts such as buffalo tallow soap, goat’s milk lotions, shower steamers, laundry detergent, hand sanitizers, and bath bombs from Kat’s Krazee Good Kreations.
- Drinkware bearing the Sioux Horse effigy such as pilsners, wine gobblets, whiskey glasses, and stainless steel tumbers
- Horsehair necklaces, bracelets, and keychains from Cowboy Collectibles
- Children’s gifts items including books, a variety of plush animals, toys and candy
- Woodwork by Monte's Woodshop featuring cedar, walnut, alder and cherry boxes, clocks, pens, and Corian coasters.
- Hand Turned pens and bowls in a variety of styles from Ol Lar’s Woodworks.
- South Dakota hats, scarves, banas, hoodies, fleece jackets, and t-shirts
- Leather items by Buffalo Billfold Company such as wallets, coasters, mouse pads, money clips, coin purses, purses.
- South Dakota food and snack items from Native American Tea, Tanka Native American Foods, Rushmore Mountain Taffy Shop, Calla English Toffee, Grasslands Gourmet, Linda Kay’s Caramel Kitchen, Little Shire Farms honey, Whetstone Preserves, Wooden Knife Fry Bread, Watertown Confectionary, and Dakota’s Best.
And much more!
Please visit our stores in the lobby of the Cultural Heritage Center and the Capitol. As a South Dakota State Historical Society member, receive a 10% discount on store purchases. We are glad to ship items.
Please keep the Heritage Store in mind when shopping for unique South Dakota gifts.
For more information
The Heritage Store
900 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501-2217
Phone: (605) 773-6346 (office) 605-773-3221 (store counter)