About the Heritage Store
The South Dakota Historical Society Foundation operates the Heritage Store at both the Cultural Heritage Center and the Capitol.
The stores offer a variety of attractive, quality South Dakota made items and items that reflect South Dakota:
* Art work featuring the SD State Capitol; Jon Crane, Angela Marie Poches, Kathy Sigle and Judy Thompson
* Books published by the South Dakota State Historical Society Press
* Other books featuring SD history, people, and places
* Pottery by Clay in Motion Pottery Studio, Sioux Pottery, Turning Leaf Design and other artists
* Mugs, plates, soup bowls and platters from Dakota Stoneware
* Jewelry by Trisha Waldron, SD Chic Beads, Leah's Legends, among other artists
* Glassware bearing the Sioux Horse effigy: glasses, cups, wine gobblets, mugs
* Childrens items
* Woodwork by Ol'Lars Woodworks (pens/pencils/letter openers) and Monte's Woodshop (Cedar and cherry boxes, clocks)
And much more!
Please visit our stores in the lobby of the Cultural Heritage Center and the Capitol. As a South Dakota State Historical Society member, receive a 10% discount on store purchases. We are glad to ship items.
Or click here to shop right now!
Please keep the Heritage Store in mind when shopping for unique gifts from South Dakota!
For more information
The Heritage Store
900 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501-2217
Phone: (605) 773-6014